Banners are the mainstay of any political group and if you don’t have the cash or the time to order a professionally printed one then your best option is to make one yourselves. Personally we prefer them like this anyway. To encourage others to give them a go, we figured we’d give away more state secrets and show you how to make them step by step..
You will need the following:
- A computer with a printer and lots of paper
- A flat (not fitted!) white double bed sheet
- An art scalpel
- A stapler and many staples
- Spray paint, preferably in two different colours
- Double sided tape (preferred) or blu-tack
- Bin bags, old newspapers and masking tape
- A tape measure
When it comes to buying this stuff. If you’re in Dublin then we would recommend Evans Art Supply store off Mary Street for spray paint, the Montana Gold range are best for jobs like this. As regards getting a cheap bed sheet then head to Guineys on Talbot Street; many fine leftist banners have begun their lives in this shop. Buy two sheets just in case the first attempt goes horribly wrong. Pick up the other stuff from pound shops or anywhere on the cheap.